An electric wok is a deep frying pan that allows the chef to add multiple ingredients and cook them evenly.
Long ago, woks were only used in Chinese kitchens, but nowadays they have made their way into kitchens around the world for their celebrated capacity to retain heat and usefulness in making amazing stir-fry food.
Electric Wok Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Electric Wok Reviews
- 2 Breville Electric Gourmet Wok
- 3 SHANGXIAN Electric Intelligent Wok
- 4 Presto Stainless Steel Electric Powered Wok
- 5 What Is An Electric Wok?
- 6 Best Electric Wok
Reviewing cooking appliances is one of life’s pleasures as you get to eat the end result. We tested three of the best electric woks to find out which is the best you can buy for your kitchen:
Breville Electric Gourmet Wok
- Breville Electric Gourmet Wok weighs 11-4/5-pound and measures 18-1/6 by 15-1/6 by 7-7/8-Inch
- it features a stainless-steel rim and heavy glass lid that has a steam vent
- Its base is removable, dishwasher safe and quick release
- This electrical wok features 14 heat settings and a high sear option
- Breville Electric a Wok has a 4-Layer cooking surface that is non-stick.
The Breville EW30XL electric wok is a wonder of modern technology. Rapid heating and a high-quality non-stick surface that is perfect for use with metal utensils make this the perfect choice for a home. This is our top choice and gets the 5 stars [star rating=”5″] .
Breville Electric wok ew30xl Video
SHANGXIAN Electric Intelligent Wok
- 360° three-dimensional loop heating, high-end intelligent cooking machine, 3-4 minutes fast cooking
- Intelligent temperature-controlled zero fumes, to create a smoke-free kitchen
- Automatic duplicating function, the upper stirring, easier cleaning, more uniform heating.
- Nonstick, safe to use, longer life
- 3.5L large capacity to meet the requirements of a family
A futuristic electric wok from Shangxian that automates the stir-frying process. This appliance stirs and cooks your food on demand via the integrated control panel.
We would have given it 5 stars but we like to get more involved with the cooking process. Nonetheless, a deserved four and a half stars for automation alone [star rating=”4.5″].
Presto Stainless Steel Electric Powered Wok
stainless steel electric wok
- Presto Stainless Steel Electric Powered Wok has a 1500W heating element. This provides the right temperatures for stir-fry cooking
- its base is aluminium-clad which helps it to facilitate even heating
- Presto Stainless Steel Electric Powered Wok Master heat control automatically maintains cooking temperatures
- It is dishwasher safe
- It is made of stainless steel rim and handle and a tempered glass cover,
A low-cost electric wok that does everything you would expect for a fraction of the cost of our other selections. Would have been 5 stars if it was non stick but as it stands, 4 stars [star rating=”4″].
What Is An Electric Wok?
As with the traditional equivalent, an electric wok is the same shape: circular, deep and wide to cater for plenty of hungry eaters.
But, unlike normal woks, an electric wok doesn’t require a heat source as they have their own built-in heating elements.
Just plug the wok into a mains outlet and within a couple of minutes it is ready to cook chow mein, egg foo yung, fried rice or whatever favourite dish you fancy. An electric wok is far more convenient for cooking stir-fried recipes.
An electric wok is also usually non-stick, which can be very useful if you’re not a fan of continuously cleaning burned-on food off of your pots and pans.
Be mindful that an electric wok will not achieve the same heat as a traditional wok because electrical appliances are regulated to a certain temperature, so some have claimed that they aren’t the best for making things that need exceptionally high temperatures like stir-fry.
But the fact remains that an electric wok is not only safer to use, but also cooks just as well as a standard wok.
Best Electric Wok
The best electric wok elevates the procedure of cooking stir-fried or Asian food to a higher level while freeing up kitchen space.
Chinese food is delicious and is enjoyed by millions of people globally, not just in China. In fact, many varieties of Asian food are popular for the freshness of the ingredients and the simplicity of cooking.
Quality meat or fish combined with natural herbs and spices, cooked together with rice is, on paper, modest and unassuming but the end result is superb and tasty.
Nonetheless, without a good hob and adequate space, it can be extremely difficult to make such remarkable dishes. If you can’t apply the right amount of heat, things won’t cook evenly.
Fortunately, modern technology has advanced significantly with this traditional cookware to create the electric wok which is perfect for Chinese or Asian cuisine, whether in the kitchen, cooked on a fire ring or at the dining table.